A hot tub can provide hours of enjoyment for you and your loved ones in your own back yard. Adding the right features and accessories can enhance your spa experience, wow your guests, and provide the personal touches that make your hot tub your personal paradise.
Check out these accessories and tips from the team at Cal Spas of Minnesota.
Hot tub features & accessories to enhance your experience
- Cup holders or a spa caddy – When you’re kicking back and relaxing in your hot tub chances are you’ll want a tasty beverage nearby to quench your thirst.
- Spa pillows – Waterproof, no-slip pillows for the sides of your spa are a simple addition to make your relaxation time just a little more luxurious.
- Mood lighting – Adding lighting features to the outside or inside of your spa creates an impressive effect that you can switch up depending on your mood.
- Speakers/sound systems – Whether it’s calming music for meditation, dance music for a party, or a sports broadcast while you unwind, quality speakers are a must.
- Spa side umbrellas – Enjoy your hot tub or swim spa any time of day under the shade of an umbrella. You have one for your patio furniture, so why not your spa?
- Floating games/gameboards – A perfect, fun activity for kids or guests! You can find lots of options online to keep everyone entertained.
- Towel bar – No personal butler? No problem — you can still have your towel within arm’s reach without it sitting on the edge of your tub where it could slip in.
- Towel warmer – If you’re using your hot tub in the winter (and you should!) or on chilly days, a warm towel adds an extra touch of pampering.
- A gazebo – If you really want to create a personal paradise, a gazebo is the ultimate in luxury. Options include spa enclosures, lounging areas, and even automated spa covers.
Hot tub safety tips & accessories
- Obey maximum bather load – The bather load is the number of people a hot tub can safely fit at the same time. Who wants a crowded tub anyway?
- Drink alcohol in moderation – A glass of wine or a cold beer can enhance your relaxation and enjoyment — just make sure you partake responsibly. And remember to rehydrate with water!
- Use shatterproof cups and containers – No one wants glass in the spa, so give yourself some peace of mind and skip glass or ceramic.
- Use safety rails and slip-proof steps – Give yourself a leg up and prevent slips and falls getting into and out of the tub.
- Light the way – Provide adequate lighting around the spa area (solar or battery powered are great options) and along pathways for nighttime soaks.
- Use a spa cover – Covering the spa when not in use keeps debris out of the water and actually conserves energy.
- Do regular cleaning and maintenance – Keeping your tub in top shape is the number one thing you can do to enhance your enjoyment!
You and your loved ones deserve the best spa experience possible. Contact the experts at Cal Spas of Minnesota with your hot tub and swim spa questions or to visit one of our two showrooms.